Hire Controller - Derby
PQS Survey Ltd is a construction equipment supplier that specialises in the provision of survey and safety equipment nationally from 7 depots; Leeds, Derby, Hull, Milton Keynes, Boldon, Glasgow and Norfolk.
PQS success has come from our strong belief that customers always come first. This is highlighted by our high customer retention rate, year-on-year growth and continued investment in the very best staff and product range.
Key to the effective running of any depot, the Hire Controller is a customer-facing role and the first point for all incoming sales and enquiry calls.
Reporting to the Depot Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Dealing with customer enquiries via telephone and email in relation to delivery times, hire rates, collections and exchanges etc.
- Drawing up quotes for customers
- Booking equipment onto a bespoke system
- Dealing with customers face to face on the trade counter, resolving issues and prioritising customer requests.
- Using Excel & internal hire system
- Managing customers’ expectations in line with the companies ‘customer first’ policy
- Taking cash and card payments
- Delivery driver route planning
- Inter-department liaison to ensure best practice
ATTRIBUTES & COMPETENCIES:
- Approachable and friendly, highly organised and responsive
- Resilience: to be able to with demanding, construction-based customers
- Full, clean driving license
- Good all round computer skills
- Excellent telephone manners and communication skills
- To be able to work in a fast-paced, and often changing environment
- Presentable, professional appearance to represent the company at the front of the house
Salary Band: £ dependent on experience
Hours: 7.30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday
Holidays: 21days plus BH
Other benefits: Free parking, pension, training.
Share Now – If you think this may be of interest to your friends and family, please share.
Other Available Roles
Apply For This Role
Please fill out the form in full to apply for this role, including attaching your CV. A covering letter is optional, this can also be attached.