Machine Control Fitter Positions
PQS Survey Ltd is a construction equipment supplier that specialises in the provision of survey and safety equipment nationally from 6 depots: Leeds, Derby, Hull, Milton Keynes, East Anglia, Sunderland and Glasgow.
PQS success has come from our strong belief that customers always come first. This is highlighted by our high customer retention rate, year-on-year growth and continued investment in the very best staff and product range.
In addition, our aim is to improve productivity and safety on construction sites through consultancy, training and delivery of professional services including Machine Control.
Over recent years, the business has seen an increased demand for both its services on site and technical support solutions and the team has seen continued growth. PQS are therefore looking to hire a Machine Control Fitter to join their team. This superb opportunity comes with full-certified training and all the tools and resources to be successful in this role.
Working as part of a tight-knit team, where no two days are the same, you will be able to manage your own time and have a highly flexible approach to work.
You will be based within our nationwide depot network.
This role will require you to work nationwide for training and team cover.
The main purpose of this role is to:
- Install Topcon and Leica Machine Control Systems onto construction machinery
- Provide after-sales support and servicing of Topcon and Leica Machine Control systems
You will be responsible for:
- Installation, calibration, and setup and upkeep of all Topcon and Leica machine control products.
- Basic system training delivery to new operators after installation.
- Providing technical field support as required.
- Developing a thorough understanding of all Machine Control products
- Maintaining and keeping up to date with all new Topcon and Leica MC developments and software/ firmware releases.
- To fully understand and implement company policies as required.
- Working with the team to understand priorities and projects for the week ahead
- Dealing with customers face to face and managing expectations in line with the company’s ‘customer first’ policy.
Salary Band > £ dependent on experience
Location: 1x North – 1x Midlands
Hours: 7.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday (flexible approach to working hours required due to the nature of industry, plus extensive UK travel with overnight stays expected)
Holidays: 21days plus BH
Other benefits: Company van, mobile phone, pension, Topcon Approved trainingNorth
Share Now – If you think this may be of interest to your friends and family, please share.
Other benefits: Company van, mobile phone, pension, Topcon and Leica Approved training
The ideal machine control fitter will:
- Have prior experience as a plant mechanic or HGV mechanic or a background in mechanical engineering or industry-led qualification
- A knowledge or survey/construction instrument is preferable but not essential
- Working knowledge of hydraulic control systems and electrical systems, including CAN bus on mechanical systems, advantageous but not essential
- Welding, fabrication, and engineering abilities are advantageous
- Be an inquisitive learner with the ability to follow detailed technical user guides
- Ability to understand technical or mechanical issues related to construction machinery
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Possess a strong work ethic and eye for detail
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Be happy to travel and enjoy flexible working days
- Have the resilience to be able to deal with a demanding construction environment
- Full clean driving license
- CPCS, CSCS card advantageous.
Other Available Roles
Apply For This Role
Please fill out the form in full to apply for this role, including attaching your CV. A covering letter is optional, this can also be attached.