Service Technician Position – Milton Keynes
Service Technician – Safety Equipment
PQS Survey Ltd is a construction equipment supplier that specialises in the provision of survey and safety equipment nationally from 6 depots: Leeds, Derby, Hull, Milton Keynes, Norfolk and Boldon. PQS success has come from our strong belief that customers always come first. This is highlighted by our high customer retention rate, year-on-year growth and continued investment in the very best staff and product range.
As well as efficiently maintaining our extensive hire fleet, PQS supports our customers through offering repair, service and calibration of survey and safety equipment from service centres nationally. We are now looking to further grow the technical teams in Leeds, Norfolk and Milton Keynes and therefore are hiring Safety Technicians.
- The role of a safety technician includes:
· Carrying out comprehensive safety checks, including the testing, maintenance and calibration of all hire and customer-owned equipment, ensuring all necessary documentation is completed both digitally and physically.
- Maintaining the workshop and equipment as required, ensuring that sufficient volumes of core hire equipment are always available.
- Managing workloads, and prioritising work effectively and efficiently.
- Providing telephone support to customers.
- Maintaining stock of spare parts for repairs.
- Raising purchase orders, organising distribution, and quoting customers based on estimations received.
- Communicating with customers both through email and on the phone.
- Attending internal and external training courses as and when required.
- Liaising with national teams and offering support if required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who would relish a hands-on technical role with the chance to develop and advance their knowledge of safety products within the surveying and construction industry. Training on the equipment and systems will be given both in-house, and by manufacturers for official manufacturer certification.
Our ideal applicants will have:
- A high level of IT Literacy – the department operates documentation both digitally and physically.
- Drive and motivation to learn.
- A desire to deliver results and ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- A team player.
- A good problem solver.
- A full UK Driving License is preferred.
Salary Band > £24,500.00-£26,500.00 per year
Hours: 7.30-5pm Mon-Fri
Holidays: 21days plus BH
Other benefits: Free parking, pension, certified training.
Share Now – If you think this may be of interest to your friends and family, please share.
Other Available Roles
Apply For This Role
Please fill out the form in full to apply for this role, including attaching your CV. A covering letter is optional, this can also be attached.