Warehouse Operative Position - Thetford
PQS Survey Ltd is a construction equipment supplier that specialises in the provision of survey and safety equipment nationally from 7 depots; Leeds, Derby, Hull, Milton Keynes, Norfolk, Glasgow and Boldon. PQS success has come from our strong belief that customers always come first. This is highlighted by our high customer retention rate, year-on-year growth and continued investment in the very best staff and product range.
Whilst PQS has a national presence, our strategically positioned depots are responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the very best in customer service, maintaining stock levels & hire fleet and ensuring operational efficiency.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Warehouse Operative is responsible for the day to day running and organisation of the warehouse and support to the logistics department as and when required.
Warehouse – ensuring that:
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision.
- The warehouse runs efficiently in respect to stock coming in and out of the depot.
- Systems and checklists are in place to ensure that any stock arriving or leaving the warehouse is logged.
- Equipment is clean, clearly labelled and in the right place.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security.
- Stock takes are carried out as per company policy.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilisation.
As a third driver, you will be responsible for supporting the driving team in the delivery and collection of surveying and safety equipment to and from customer sites in a timely and professional manner, complying to all health and safety guidelines.
- Loading equipment into the company van.
- Completing delivery and collections into a time effective manner.
- Ensuring the equipment being delivered or collected is correct and marking any information on the paperwork provided.
- Learning product knowledge to ensure a full understanding of delivery and collection items. (Full training will be provided to you allowing you to complete any relevant checks or related administration.)
- Ensuring that all company vehicles are always driven safely and professionally within the rules of the law, as well as being maintained to a high standard.
- Always providing the highest quality service to our customers.
The following are requirements of the role:
- A team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Good computer literacy
- Good numeracy skills
- A flexible approach and strong work-ethic
- Full clean driver’s license
Salary Band > £ dependent on experience
Hours: 7.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday (
Holidays: 21days plus BH
Other benefits: Free parking, pension, certified training where required.
Share Now – If you think this may be of interest to your friends and family, please share.
Other Available Roles
Apply For This Role
Please fill out the form in full to apply for this role, including attaching your CV. A covering letter is optional, this can also be attached.