We offer our EUSR CAT & Genny training course either on-site, in your premises or at one of our six depot locations nationwide soon to be seven in order to best meet your requirements.
What We Do
Our CAT and Genny cable avoidance courses are interactive and aim to give essential safety training to teams working on underground services.
The courses are EUSR approved and we are proud to be a recommended provider of the HSG47 Avoiding Danger from Underground Services course.
PQS CAT and Genny training gives the course candidates classroom learning followed by hands-on experience with Radiodetection CAT and Gennys, the world leading brand of cable location equipment.
Why Choose Us
All of our trainers are fully manufacturer trained and EUSR accredited to deliver training on the CAT and Genny to locate and identify buried services.
We have trained many of the construction industry’s largest contractors in cable location, but we focus on smaller group training to ensure everyone understands their learning, to prepare them for work on site.
PQS teach the theory first in a classroom environment before moving outside to teach the correct methods for identifying buried services in Power Radio and Genny mode. Our trainers want all candidates to be aware of risks when working, and confident that they can use the safety equipment correctly.
Classroom Based Theory
We present the theory aspect of locating buried services using all methods including radio mode power mode and using the Genny in induction and connection all to EUSR training standards.
- Reasons for using cable locators to locate buried services effectively
- Guidance on complying with HSG 47 avoiding danger from underground services.
- How cable locators work electromagnetic fields and their limitations.
- Types of cable and high-pressure gas and oil pipelines.
- Stats plans
- Utility Spray colour codes
- Locating non-metallic services, including sondes and flexitrace
- Induction connection and depth estimation with the Genny 4
- Interpreting the signal of the equipment
- Data Logging delegates will learn how to use CAT manager software to analyse the data and what it means.
During the practical CAT and Genny training session delegates will operate the CAT and Genny in passive and active modes they will also use a Genny in induction and connection modes all to EUSR standards.
- Operate the CAT in power mode
- Operate the CAT in radio mode
- Use genny 4 in induction and connection mode
- Use a sonde and Cobra reel (if requested)